APPLICATION PROCESS FOR CONTINUING AND NEW STUDENTS
One step at a time.
1. Create an FSA ID. With a unique FSA ID, you can apply for Financial Aid online. You only need to register once.
2. Complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on or after January 1.
Touro College's code: 010142
You must do this every year you wish to receive financial aid. Because funding is limited for some aid packages, you should make every effort to file your FAFSA as early in the year as possible. Notify your financial aid counselor as soon as it's submitted.
3. NY Residents: Complete your Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) application online.
Touro College's code: 0865
If eligible, within two weeks of submitting your FAFSA, you'll receive an email from New York State with a link to your TAP application. Once completed, let your financial aid counselor know. TAP is for undergraduate students only.
4. Once your FAFSA has been processed, we will send you an award letter clarifying the types of aid for which you are eligible.
Contact us with any questions.
5. If you are taking out a loan, you must complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and entrance counseling at www.studentloans.gov
The MPN is a legally binding agreement stating you agree to repay your loans to the Department of Education. Your financial aid counselor can provide you with one.
6. At the beginning of each term, the Financial Aid office will initiate your loans, and the Bursar will disperse your funds.
Make sure you let us know if you receive any other outside scholarships, as they may affect your aid package. We'll let you know of any entrance and exit tests you must take, or additional eligibility requirements.
7. If needed, apply for a Federal Grad Plus or Private/Alternative Loan.
Students must apply directly with their chosen lender for a Grad Plus or Private/Alternative loan for the amount referenced on your COA. Make sure to select Touro College (code 010142-00) for this process.
Note: Loan funds will be disbursed directly to the college. Any anticipated refund of aid will be distributed by the Bursar's Office after satisfactory enrollment and academic progress has been verified. The bursar can be contacted at (646)565-6556