Admission Requirements for the BS Program
Who Should Apply
The program encourages applications from individuals interested in becoming registered nurses. Students who have graduated from high school or have completed a GED should consider applying to the program. The BS program is designed to prepare students to function as baccalaureate-prepared registered nurses, the foundation for advanced education in the field of nursing.
Admission Process and Requirements
The BS program admits students once a year, in September. Applicants are encouraged to apply through NursingCAS but, as an alternative, may use the TouroApply application. The Supplemental Application can be found on the TouroApply application for those choosing that option. If applying through NursingCAS, you will need to download and complete the Nursing Program Supplemental Application form.
Currently, the program enrolls up to 50 students per year. The completed application and supporting documentation should be submitted as early as possible, since admission is competitive and decisions are made on a rolling basis.
Applicants are evaluated based on information in the application and accompanying materials. Of primary importance in determining an applicant’s suitability for admission are the high school and/or college academic record and NLN-PAX (National League for Nursing Pre-Admission Exam) scores. The applicant’s character, personality, and contribution to school and community life are also factors.
- A Completed application accompanied by the application fee for the method you are using to apply (NursingCAS or TouroApply)
- Completed Nursing Program Supplemental Application form
- Official high school transcript OR a GED certificate and score sheet
- Official transcript(s) of any college-level work completed
- Personal Statement
- Two letters of recommendation on the recommendation form included in the Nursing Program Supplemental Application packet addressing the applicant’s potential for success in a nursing program
- NLN-PAX (National League for Nursing Pre Entrance Exam for RN) scores sent directly from the NLN
The following high school or college-level coursework is recommended for admission:
- 1 year of Math
- 1 year of Biology
- 1 year of Chemistry
As per Federal regulations, the status of an applicant in the admissions process can be discussed only with the applicant. The program cannot respond to requests for information from concerned family, friends, associates, or other interested parties.
Admitted students are required to take placement exams in English Composition and Mathematics prior to the start of their first semester.
Admission Contact Information
For more information, contact: 631-665-1600 x 6505