Admission Requirements for the AAS/BS Dual-Degree Program
Who Should Apply
The program encourages applications from individuals interested in becoming registered nurses who have a previous college degree in another field, as well as high school graduates who want to earn both Associate’s and Bachelor’s degrees in nursing. The program prepares students for the option of taking the NCLEX-RN exam upon completion of their third year of study. This affords students the opportunity to complete their BS degree while working as an RN.
Admission Process and Requirements
The AAS/BS Dual-Degree program admits students once a year, in September. Applicants are encouraged to apply through NursingCAS but, as an alternative, may use the TouroApply application. The Supplemental Application can be found on the TouroApply application for those choosing that option. If applying through NursingCAS, you will need to download and complete the Nursing Program Supplemental Application form.
Currently, the program enrolls 50 students per year. The completed application and supporting documentation should be submitted as early as possible since admission is competitive and decisions are made on a rolling basis.
Each applicant is evaluated based on documentation in the application and accompanying materials. Of primary importance in determining an applicant’s qualifications for admission are the high school and/or college scholastic record and the NLN-PAX (National League for Nursing Pre-Admission Exam) scores. The applicant’s character, personality, and contribution to school and community life are also factors.
- A Completed application accompanied by the application fee for the method you are using to apply (NursingCAS or TouroApply)
- Completed Nursing Program Supplemental Application form
- Official high school transcript OR a GED certificate and score sheet
- Official transcript(s) of any college-level work completed
- Personal Statement
- Two letters of recommendation on the recommendation form included in the Nursing Program Supplemental Application packet addressing the applicant’s potential for success in a nursing program
- Official NLN-PAX (National League for Nursing Pre Entrance Exam for RN) score sheet
The following high school or college-level coursework is recommended for admission:
- 1 year of Math
- 1 year of Biology
- 1 year of Chemistry
As per Federal regulations, the status of an applicant in the admissions process can be discussed only with the applicant. The program cannot respond to requests for information from concerned family, friends, associates, or other interested parties.
Admitted students are required to take placement exams in English Composition and Mathematics prior to the start of their first semester.
Admission Contact Information
For more information, contact: 631-665-1600 x 6505