Admission Requirements and Procedures
Click here to download a School of Health Sciences Application as well as the Supplemental Application for the Orthopedic Residency Program. The completed applications should be mailed to the School of Health Sciences Office of Admissions, 1700 Union Boulevard, Bay Shore, New York 11706. The following documentation must be included with the application:
- Current resume/ curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation. Letters of recommendation must be in sealed envelopes. (Evaluators may send letters of recommendation directly to the program.)
- Transcript(s) documenting physical therapy degree
- Proof of licensure in the U.S.
- TOEFL scores (for international applicants only), of at least 560 (paper-based), 220 (computer-based), or 83 (Internet-based).
Applicants who have been accepted to the program will be invited for a personal interview and orientation.
Requirements for Admission
Graduates of APTA-accredited programs in Physical Therapy may apply to the program. Applicants must be eligible for and obtain licensure as a physical therapist in the state in which they will do their clinical residency. Recent physical therapy graduates, as well as experienced clinicians, are encouraged to apply.