Goals & Objectives
The goal of the curriculum is to develop practitioners who possess advanced skills in the treatment of individuals with complex orthopedic problems as measured by the criteria of the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties for an Orthopedic Certified Specialist.
The objectives of the residency program (OPTR) are:
- to provide the opportunity to study with recognized experts in orthopedic physical therapy.
- to provide an academic program focused on expanding knowledge and skills in the area of manual physical therapy.
- to provide a supportive learning environment in the form of guided practice through a mentoring program and clinical residency.
- to prepare physical therapists to meet the challenges of an evolving health care system by making them more efficient and effective clinicians.
- to prepare the physical therapist to sit for the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties Exam in the area of Orthopedic Certified Specialist.