ALEXANDER LOPEZ, JD, OT/L
Position: Assistant Professor in Occupational Therapy
- JD, New England Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- BS OT, Kean University, Union, New Jersey
- Licensed Occupational Therapist and Attorney
- Resiliency, Adaptation and Occupation
- Service Learning
RECENT PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- Hewson, K & Lopez, A. (February 2012). ). Social media in healthcare: Legal and ethical issues. Presentation in progress to be presented at the meeting of the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Brunner, J, Valvano, D., & Lopez, A. (July 23, 2012). Empowering communities to help at-risk youth engage in healthy occupations. OT Practice, 23, 10.13
- Lopez, A. & Block, P. (2011). PAR FORE: A Community-based Occupational Therapy Program. In Kronenberg, Frank, Algado, Salvador, & Pollard, Nick. Occupational therapy without borders. (2nd ed.). Churchill Livingstone.
- Lopez, A. (2011). PTSD and occupational performance Building resilience and fostering occupational adaptation. WORK: A Journal of Prevention, Assessment & Rehabilitation, 28, 33-38.
- Lopez, A. & Geraci, J. (April 2011). Integrating occupational therapy into an existing mental health community-based practice. Poster session presented at the annual meeting of the American Occupational Therapy Association, Philadelphia, PA
- Lopez, A., Hammock, A. & Vidal, C. (March 2011). Youth Summit for Peace. Presentation of focus group results to Brentwood Community. FIOS Network.(March 2011). Brentwood Summit. Locally televised feature about the Youth Summit.
Golf Channel. (February 2011). PGA Year in Review. Nationally televised feature of PAR FORE.
- Ali M.M., Dwyer D.S., Vanner, E.A., Lopez, A. (2010). Adolescent propensity to engage in health risky behaviors: The role of individual resilience. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 7, 5, 2161-2167.
- Lopez, A. (November 2010). Building a resilient child. Presentation for the Suffolk Coalition for Parents and Children. Middle Country School Library.
- Founder and executive director of philanthropic organization (PAR FORE) for at-risk youth
- Pro Bono Occupational Therapy Consultant for Adelante of Suffolk County
- Occupational Therapy Board Member for New York State Office of Professionals
- Member AOTA, NYSOTA, ABA, NYSBA
- OT 376 Foundations of Occupational Therapy
- OT 447 Health Promotion/Patient & Professional Education
- OT 465 Rehabilitation Design
- OT 640 Current Trends in Occupational Therapy
- OT 670 Advanced Analysis and Synthesis of Activity
- OT 495/6 OT 695/6 Research Mentor