MEIRA L. ORENTLICHER, Ph.D., OTR/L
Position: Associate Professor; Coordinator of Research and Development
- BOT, Hebrew University, Israel
- MA, Occupational Therapy, New York University
- Ph.D., Occupational Therapy, New York University
- Specialty: School-based occupational therapy; Transition from school to adult life
- Recent Honors:
- Service Commendation, American Occupational Therapy Association
- Alice H. Hayden Award (TASH) - potential for leadership in teaching, scholarship, and service on behalf of people with significant disabilities.
- Research Agenda: transition from school to adult life; person-centered planning.
- Recent publications: Chapter on transition in the book, "Autism: A Comprehensive OT Approach" (3rd ed., AOTA Press, 2010); CEonCD on Transition (AOTA Press; 2012)
- Numerous presentations at professional conferences.
- Editor, EISSIS Quarterly, EISSIS Standing Committee, AOTA
- Editor, Transition Today & Tomorrow Column, Journal of Occupational Therapy, Schools and Early Intervention
- Member: AOTA, NYSOTA, WFOT, OJOTC, TASH, CEC, Society for Disability Studies
- OT 495-496 Research Design & Statistics I&II
- OT 695-696 Research I&II
- OT 664 Occupational Therapy Practice in Early Intervention and Schools