STEPHANIE DAPICE WONG, DPT, OTR, CAPS
Position: Chairperson and Director of Occupational Therapy
Associate Professor in Occupational Therapy
- DPT, Touro College
- BS OT, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Licensed Occupational Therapist, Licensed Physical Therapist
- LIGEC Geriatric Certification
- Certified Aging in Place Specialist
- Pi Theta Epsilon (OT National Honor Society) Lifetime member
- Intergenerational Service Learning
- Contributing Factors to Academic Success
- Recent Publications and Presentations:
- Precin, P., Dapice Wong, S. (2012, Nov.) The Aggregate Fieldwork Model: Cooperative Learning, Interdisciplinary Intervention, Research, and Publication Components. Co-presented at the NYSOTA conference, Rochester, NY
- Horowitz, B., Dapice Wong, S., Vanner, E. (2011) Service Learning: Promotes occupational Therapy Gerontology Education and Practice. Contributing Author for the presentation at the GSA conference.
- Dapice Wong, S. Horowitz, B., (2010, Nov.) Service learning as pedagogy in occupational therapy education. Presented at the NYSOTA conference, NY, NY.
- Dapice Wong, S., Horowitz, B., Vanner, E. (2010, April). Relationships Between Active Engagement in Everyday Occupations and Quality of Life for Older Adults in residential Communities. Poster session speaker for the annual meeting of the
American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Dapice Wong, S., Kardachi, J. (2010, Jan.) Elements of Balance: Review of Fall Risk Factors, Assessment of Balance and Fall Risk. Invited speaker for Long Island Geriatric Education Center Fall Prevention Workshop.
- Horowitz, B., Dapice Wong, S., DeChello, K. (2010). Intergenerational Service Learning: To Promote Active Aging, and Occupational Therapy Gerontology Practice. Gerontology and Geriatrics Education, 31(1), 75-91.
- Horowitz, B., Dapice Wong, S., DeChello, K. (2010, May). Service Learning Pedagogy within Occupational Therapy Education: Promoting Community Practice and Civic Engagement. Accepted as a short oral presentation at the WFOT Congress, Santiago Chile.
- OT Volunteer consultant for Rebuilding Together, Inc
- OT Volunteer for NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness) walk
- Member AOTA, NYSOTA
- Institutional Representative for: AGHE (Association for Gerontology in Higher Education) , and SSA (State Society on Aging of New York)
- OT 371 Introduction to OT
- Lecturer on Aging in Place in OT 640 Current Trends in OT
- OT495/6 OT695/6 Research Chairperson