How successful is the Touro College Bay Shore /Winthrop Extension Center PA Program at achieving its goals?
ARC-PA Standard A3.14(b)
The fundamental goals of the program are consistent with the programs mission of graduating Physician Assistants who achieve certification and are confident in their ability to provide high quality health care to the community.
- To prepare our graduates with the requisite medical knowledge to pass the national certification examination.
- Our graduates achieved an average first time pass rate of 96% from 2011- 2014, and of those students 16 achieved a perfect score.
- At the end of the clinical year, the students were asked to fill out exit surveys which included an evaluation of
- A) Overall program experience
- B) Ability to formulate and implement a management plan
- C) Readiness to be successful on the PANCE
- D) Overall academic experience
- E) Overall clinical experience
- F) Readiness to perform clinical procedures
- G) Ability to perform a competent physical exam
Grades of satisfactory or above on a Likert scale, with 3 of 5 being considered satisfactory, were calculated for each of the above mentioned content areas. Analysis of the data for the last three graduating classes (2011 through 2014, excluding the 2014 Bay Shore class) is as follows:
- A) Overall program experience ~ 99.4%.
- B) Ability to formulate and implement a management plan ~ 95.8%.
- C) Readiness to be successful on the PANCE ~ 91%.
- D) Overall academic experience ~ 95.6%.
- E) Overall clinical experience ~ 98%
- F) Readiness to perform clinical procedures ~ 95%
- G) Ability to perform a competent physical exam ~ 97.2%
When compared to the national average in the evaluated content area, the Touro College Physician Assistant Program, Long Island campuses, is consistently at or above the national average.