Admission Requirements and Procedures
- Proof of current and valid physical therapy license or temporary license/eligibility in the U.S.
- Transcript from the academic institution that granted the applicant's physical therapy degree
- Two letters of recommendation from physical therapists
- A personal interview
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required for international students who attended institutions where English was not the language of instruction. Score must be at least 560 (paper-based), 220 (computer-based), or 83 (Internet-based).
Click here to download a School of Health Sciences Application as well as the Supplemental Application for the Post-Professional DPT Program. Both completed applications should be mailed to the School of Health Sciences Office of Admissions, 1700 Union Boulevard, Bay Shore, New York 11706.
The following documentation must be included with the application:
- Current resume/ curriculum vitae
- The two letters of recommendation from physical therapists, in sealed envelopes, or recommenders may send letters directly to the program.
- Official transcript(s) documenting physical therapy degree
- Proof of licensure
- TOEFL score report, if applicable
All applicants will be invited for a personal interview.
Applicants are advised that in order to register for classes they will need to provide New York State-required proof of immunity against measles, mumps, and rubella, and file the Meningococcal Response Form.