Admission Requirements and Procedures
- Proof of current and valid physical therapy license or temporary license/eligibility in the U.S.
- Transcript from the academic institution that granted the applicant's physical therapy degree
- Two letters of recommendation from physical therapists
- Documentation of employment in a Physical Therapy setting
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required for international students who attended institutions where English was not the language of instruction. Score must be at least 560 (paper-based), 220 (computer-based), or 83 (internet-based)
- For foreign-trained applicants, official course-by-course Foreign Credit Evaluation from FCCPT (www.fccpt.org) or a member of NACES (www.naces.org) showing proof of Physical Therapy degree
Apply online through the TouroApply application system.
The following documentation must be included with the application:
- Current resume/ curriculum vitae
- The two letters of recommendation from physical therapists, submitted through TouroApply..
- Official transcript(s) documenting physical therapy degree
- Proof of licensure
- TOEFL score report, if applicable
- Proof of employment in in Physical Therapy setting by the start in the program
- Applicants with F 1 visa must register for a minimum of 9 credits per semester and obtain a CPT authorization that will allow them to work during the course of the program.
Acceptance into the program is decided on a rolling admission basis.
Applicants are advised that in order to register for classes they will need to provide New York State-required proof of immunity against measles, mumps, and rubella, and file the Meningococcal Response Form.
Accepted students may be eligible to transfer up to 8 graduate credits from another graduate school. Eligibility of previous graduate courses for either core or elective requirements will be assessed by the Director of the program. All decisions are final.
Accepted students are also eligible to receive up to 4 ‘life experience’ credits. These credits are based on such things as work experience, administrative background and clinical certifications. Life experience credits are assessed and granted through the evaluation of a submitted Portfolio. The Portfolio fee is $1200.
Accepted students are permitted to ‘test out’ of one elective course only. If a student has taken a continuing education course equivalent to an elective course in the P-DPT curriculum, and wishes to receive a grade and credit for that course, s/he may opt to ‘test out’ of the elective course. The fee for that test is $400.