The curriculum entails 30 credits of coursework, consisting of 18 credits of core courses and 12 credits of electives within a clinical specialty. The program takes approximately 2 years to complete.
The core courses include:
- 3 credits in clinical sciences - DPT 750 (2 credits); PTR 729 (1 credit)
- 9 credits in research - DPT 710 (3 credits); DPT 795 (2 credits); DPT 796 (2 credits); DPT 715 (1 credit)
- 2 credits in education - DPT 724 (1 credit); DPT 723 (1credit)
- 2 credits in management - DPT 725 (1credit); DPT 730 (1 credit)
- 1 credit in clinical reflection series - DPT 716 (0 credit); DPT 717 (0 credit); DPT 718 (0 credit); DPT 740 (1 credit)
- This series of courses enables the student to reflect on the integration of didactic curriculum of PDPT program with the clinical practice. These courses require reflection papers and are graded on a Pass/ Fail basis. One 0-credit clinical reflection course is taken each semester and culminates in the 1-credit Professional Service course.
- Elective courses include 12 credits in the clinical specialty tracks in orthopedic, geriatric and general Physical Therapy.