HOWARD MAKOFSKY, PT, DHSC
Position: Adjunct Instructor
- B.S., McGill University
- Bachelor of Physical Therapy, Stony Brook University
- Master of Health Science, Stony Brook University
- Doctor of Health Science, University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences
- Board certified in orthopedic physical therapy, 1989 - 2009; clinical practice 1979 - 2005 with concentration in manual therapy of the spine, pelvis, and temporomandibular joint.
- Specialized in orthopedic physical therapy with concentration on head, neck, and TMJ disorders including involvement in clinical research and holder of two United States patents, the Occivator and the PostureJac.
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Textbook author: Spinal Manual Therapy, An Introduction to Soft Tissue Mobilization, Spinal Manipulation, Therapeutic and Home Exercises, 2nd edition, SLACK Incorporated, Thorofare, NJ, 2010
- author of over 25 scientific papers in the area of spinal and temporomandibular manual physical therapy.
- Adjunct Instructor in the Department of Physical Therapy at Touro College, Bay Shore and New York, NY
- Associate Professor in the Department of Physical Therapy at the New York Institute of Technology in Old Westbury, NY
- Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Physical Therapy at Stony Brook University in Stony Brook, NY, and Section Editor for the Journal of Craniomandibular Practice.
- DPT 768 Treatment of Cervical-Thoracic Dysfunction