Mission and Goals
In keeping with the mission of Touro College and the School of Health Sciences, and in consideration of APTA's mission of physical therapist professional education, the mission of the Physical Therapy Department is
- To provide quality education for individuals from diverse cultural, traditional and non-traditional backgrounds to enter the physical therapy profession.
- To offer a variety of educational programs, degree and non-degree, which provide opportunities for continued professional development and career growth.
- To provide physical therapy programs which foster a high level of academic excellence and scholarly achievement while maintaining humanistic, legal, ethical and professional values at the core.
- To develop competent, self assured, reflective practitioners with leadership skills who value critical inquiry in the pursuit of lifelong education to meet the ever-changing demands of the health care environment.
- To produce graduates with high moral standards who can contribute to society by assuming the multifaceted role of clinical practitioner, teacher, researcher, consultant, administrator and leader.
Goals and Objectives
Click here to learn more.