Recommended Sequence of Courses
Total Credits for M.S.: 58-60 credits
(generally 58 credits; 60 credits if extra summer externship, COC 621.6, is needed to complete hour requirements).
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR TEACHER OF STUDENTS WITH SPEECH AND LANGUAGE DISABILITIES CERTIFICATE (TSSLD)
12 credits of education coursework are needed. It is recommended that these requirements be fulfilled prior to entering the Speech-Language Pathology Program. however, these may be taken during the Graduate degree program.
A full list off Education courses available from the Education Chairman, Dr. Arthur Brezak.
A seminar in:
- Child Abuse (EDU 511)
- S.A.V.E: school violence prevention (EDU 513)
- Autism (SPED 565)
- Seminar in Bullying and Harassment ( Dignity for All Students Act- DASA)
- The following tests need to be successfully completed:
- A grade of 600 or higher on the Praxis examination
- Additional requirements:
- TEACH account and application for TSSLD
- College Recommendation
- Once all requirements are met, the College Recommendation will be entered on your TEACH account , found on the TEACH (NYSED.gov) website
For course descriptions, please see the Lander Colleges of Arts and Sciences Bulletin.